– This imbalance can be experienced due to Polycystic Ovarian Diseases (PCOS), Ovarian Premature Failure and Endometriosis.
– Other reasons for hormonal dysfunction could be the use of birth control pills, hormonal contraception, Hyperprolactinemia etc.
3. Implantation Hemorrhaging
– After fertilization, the zygote and a fertilized ovum travel through the fallopian tubes up to the womb.
– The zygote becomes an enlarged embryo during this travel and burrows inside the uterine coating.
– This burrowing causes brown vaginal discharge instead of periods.
– This can be an early signal of pregnancy and is also called “implantation bleeding”.
– Implantation bleeding is different from a normal period since it is lighter and lasts for only up to 3 days.
– Implantation bleeding occurs nearly 6 to 12 days post fertilization and a week before your period is due.