Brown discharge instead of period can raise several doubts in a woman’s mind. Almost all women will start thinking about the dreadful medical conditions, key reasons and consequences, of brown vaginal discharge instead of a monthly menstrual cycle. However the real question that remains to be answered, is whether dark brown menstrual bleeding really dangerous? It is vital that you determine when a condition is potentially unsafe and in which situations you must consult a doctor.
Brown Discharge Instead Of Period – 7 Common Causes And Prevention
Interested in finding out why a woman could get a brown discharge instead of a normal period? You should remain aware of your own body and if things appear to be different, be sure to get it checked. In some instances and special conditions, a woman may experience brown vaginal discharge instead of a normal regular period. Here’s why.
1. Delayed Periods
– A brown vaginal discharge instead of a period usually occurs due to late periods.
– Sometimes if the lining is not eliminated, the residual can remain within the uterus for almost a month.
– In this condition, a woman’s body expels an old uterine lining.
– These discharges are normally observed for nearly three days after which a woman should get her usual period.
– If the menstrual flow does not follow the discharge, you must seek immediate medical help.
– In majority instances, a brown discharge is just the remains of a delayed period.
2. Hormonal Imbalance
– In nearly 25% of all cases, hormonal imbalance is regarded as the key reason for discharge that occurs instead of periods.
– Brown discharge instead of a regular period can also be a symptom of hormonal dysfunction and/or hormonal imbalance.